• 68°

Community

Containing my excitement

I could barely contain my excitement when I heard about the new Taco Bell coming to Columbus. After all, we have three auto parts stores, ... Read more

5 days ago by Submitted article.

Your American birthright

On Tuesday, September 6, the Polk County Board of Education, on short notice and without the input of parents and the public, put into effect ... Read more

Pushed a button

I must say I do thoroughly enjoy reading the TDB when I “inherit” the issues from Dad. The latest one contained a Letter to the ... Read more

Polk County District Court results

In Polk County District Court on Sept. 1, 2021, with Judge Larry Wilson presiding, 112 cases were heard. Some cases were continued, dismissed or sent ... Read more

5 days ago by Leah Justice.

Untold stories of local Moonshine history

Everything we know about moonshiners and moonshining history is wrong. That’s one of the themes of the Center for Cultural Preservation’s new documentary film on regional moonshine ... Read more

1 week ago by Submitted article.

Climbing in memory

TRYON—The 2nd annual Memorial Stair Climb was held at the Clock Tower in downtown Tryon on Saturday, Sept. 11 in memory of the 343 firefighters ... Read more

1 week ago by Leah Justice.

Communities join together to ‘Feed the Foothills’

People in the Foothills have a heart for giving, always ready to care for their neighbors in need. They also know how to have a ... Read more

1 week ago by Submitted article.

K-9 retires

COLUMBUS—The Polk County Board of Commissioners retired a K-9 last week.  Read more

Record numbers again

POLK COUNTY—Polk County added the most COVID-19 cases last week it has had since the pandemic.  Read more

Polk proclaims Constitution week

COLUMBUS—The Polk County Board of Commissioners has proclaimed Sept. 17, 2021 as Citizenship Day and Sept. 17-23 as Constitution Week.  Read more

< Newer | Older >