• 70°

Community

Edwards, Lopez receive local scholarship

Polk County High School graduates, Landry Edwards and Nicholas Lopez, have been named recipients of the 2020 Pea Ridge Community Center Academic Scholarships. Read more

5 days ago by Submitted article.

College offers new Emergency Medical Sciences opportunity

Emergency medical technicians, paramedics and anyone interested in a career in the emergency medical sciences field have an exciting new option at Isothermal Community College, ... Read more

Summer Day Camps are in full swing at FENCE

Foothills Equestrian Nature Center is thrilled to be offering our summer camps again this year! Read more

End of an era

The Columbus Lions Club soon will no longer exist. The remaining Lions have reluctantly voted to surrender their charter at the end of this Lions ... Read more

Horse rescue

On May 30, 2020 Polk County Animal Control impounded a neglected 23 year old Miniature horse stallion named Old Spice. Read more

1 week ago by Submitted article.

Asteroid named after local astronomer

Formerly designated as 2016 EV243, this minor planet was first discovered by the Catalina Sky Survey in Arizona. Read more

Every life created should be equally valuable-Letter to the editor

The June 10 issue of this newspaper published a letter where I commented that all lives should matter. There was also a very enlightening letter ... Read more

Do not judge, or you too will be judged-Letter to the editor

I’ve been letter writer for many years. I even received awards for two of my letters published in The Tennessean when I lived in Nashville. Read more

Do unto others-Letter to Editor

“Now you know better, do better” is the perfect slogan for our current times. Thank you to Reverend Eleanor Miller for using that phrase on ... Read more

DMV waives driver road tests for Level Two Provisional Licenses

The N.C. Division of Motor Vehicles will be temporarily waiving the requirement that young drivers seeking a Level 2 Limited Provisional license need to undergo ... Read more

< Newer | Older >